Staying motivated isn’t always easy. In fact, sometimes you need the words of someone else to give you that motivational boost.
If you haven’t heard of TED, “TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less).”
What I love the most about TED Talks is that real people are sharing real stories based on their personal failures and successes. This is why TED Talks are great to watch when you need help getting motivated or feeling inspired.
In this post, I’m sharing ten motivational TED Talks that will inspire you.
10 Motivational TED Talks
1. The Psychology of Self-Motivation by Scott Geller
“Sit back and reflect. Be mindful of the choices you have, and talk about being a success seeker rather than a failure avoider.”
2. How to Stop Screwing Yourself Over by Mel Robbins
“Do you think that someone who needs to lose weight ever feels like going on a diet? Of course not.”
3. Stop Waiting for Life to Happen by Petter Sage
“The question that that poses my friends is this, what do we do with the gift that we’ve got?”
4. Why We Do What We Do by Tony Robbins
“When a woman stands up and says ‘No, I won’t go to the back of the bus,’ she didn’t just affect her life. That decision shaped our culture.”
5. The Puzzle of Motivation by Dan Pink
In this video, Dan talks about how traditional rewards are not necessarily an effective way to motivate people.
6. Programming Your Mind for Success by Carrie Green
“What is going on up in your head has such a huge impact on the actions that you take, on the decisions you make, and the things that you experience.”
7. Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Lee Duckworth
“Grit is passion and perseverance for very long-term goals. Grit is sticking with your future day in, day out, and working really hard to make that future a reality.”
8. Draw Your Future – Take Control of Your Life by Patti Dobrowolski
“Research shows the odds of you making a change in your life are 9:1. Even if you’re facing a life-threatening illness. But let me show you how to beat those odds.”
9. The Secret of Becoming Mentally Strong by Amy Morin
“We tend to think that the world owes us something. We think, if I put in enough hard work, then I deserve success.”
10. The Power of Belief by Eduardo Briceno
“If we are to fulfill our potential, we have to start thinking differently. We have to realize that we are not chained to our current capabilities.”
I hope these videos have given you the motivation you were looking for.
More Posts You May Like: