A survey commissioned by Ergotron found that Americans are sitting an average of 13 hours a day. On top of that, they're sleeping an average of 8 hours a day, which means most of us are in a sedentary position for 21 hours a day.
Additionally, the American Heart Association has warned that exercise doesn't undo the effects of excessive sitting.
If you work in an office setting, sitting is usually a part of the job, and most of us don't have access to standing desks. However, that doesn't mean that you can't take measures to ensure that you're moving around more.
To get you moving, here are some simple workouts that you can do at your desk or office.
1. Fitness Workouts for the Office: Denise Austin- Complete Series
2. 7 Office Stretching Exercises to Get Energized at Work
3. 5 Minute Easy Office Exercise Routine For Women
4. How to Sneak in A Workout at Your Desk with Dolvett Quince
5. Ab Workouts You Can Do at Your Desk
6. Office Workout with Anna Frank
7. Yoga at Your Desk
8. Denise Austin: Butt & Legs - Office Workout
9. Total Body Standing Exercises You Can Do In The Office for Energy
10. 5 Simple and Effective Office Workouts