With all the talk I’ve done about how great Pinterest has been for my website and blog, as well as what you can do to make it great for yours, I figured it was time I created a Pinterest freebie to help you grow your blog with Pinterest.
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. You can read my disclosure for more information.
If you want to increase your blog traffic, one of the best ways to do this is by using Pinterest. Every time you write a blog post, it should include a pinnable image. Your goal is to have this image repinned over and over. The more it is repinned, the more traffic you’ll get from Pinterest.
One of the best ways to get your pins repinned is to make sure your pinnable images are attractive and meet certain requirements. Here are some tips for creating a pinnable image:
- The image should include the post title and your blogs url.
- The image should be vertical. Vertical images stand out better than horizontal images on Pinterest. I typically size my images at 735px in width by 1102px in height. Feel free to increase the height of your image. I wouldn’t go any wider though.
- Use catchy titles when you can. Which pin are you more likely to repin? “How I Increased My Email Subscribers” or “How I Doubled my Email Subscribers in 60 days.” I know I’m more likely to pin the latter. People are drawn to catchy titles, so try to make yours catchy.
- Use phrases like like “How To…” or “5 Ways To…” or “The Ultimate List of…”
Helpful Resource: The Tailwind Pinterest scheduling tool is one of the reasons I’ve been able to increase my Pinterest traffic by 1,395.31%.
Free Pinterest Graphic Templates
These files are in PSD format, which means they have to be edited in Photoshop or an image editing program that can edit PSD files. They are sized at 735×1102 pixels and are ready to be edited with your post title, images, and colors of your choice.
More Posts You May Like:
- The Ultimate List of Over 70 Pinterest Group Boards
- How to Use Pinterest to Generate the Best Blog Post Ideas
- How to Get Your First 100,000 Pageviews From Pinterest