If you have an Instagram account, adding an Instagram widget to your blog is a great way to showcase your account and gain followers. In this post, I'll show you how to embed an Instagram feed into your blog.
Instagram is an online photo sharing network. With Instagram, you can take photos or record videos straight from your mobile device, and post them to your account.
You can also share them automatically on social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, and Flickr.
The tutorial I'm sharing with you today does not require a plugin and can be used for either the WordPress or Blogger platform, although my instructions are geared towards WordPress users.
How to embed Instagram feed
1. To begin, head over to the SnapWidget website and customize your widget.
I'm showing you my preferred settings below, but you will have to fill out the settings based on your personal preferences.
As a tip, you can press the "preview" button below the settings to see what your widget will look like.
2. After you've gotten your desired settings, click on the green "Get Widget" button and copy the provided code.
Also, be sure to leave this page open so you can rework the settings if you're not happy with them after adding the widget to your blog.
3. Now, in your wp-admin, go to Appearance > Widgets and add a new text widget to your sidebar (or wherever you want your Instagram widget to appear), and paste the code you copied into the text box.
Don't forget to save the widget.
4. Once you've saved your widget, head over to your blog's homepage, and take a look at your widget. Do you like it? If so, you're all done!
Need a few more tweaks? Go back to the SnapWidget page I told you to leave open, adjust your settings, and paste the new code into your widget box.
Here's my finished product:
If you found this tutorial helpful, share it via the social share buttons below. If you have any questions, just leave them in the comments.
More Helpful Posts You May Like:
- How to Add a Pinterest Widget to Your Blog
- 11 Extremely Helpful Income Reports
- How to Make Your WordPress Blog Pinterest Friendly