In this tutorial I’ll show you how to add social media icons to your WordPress blog.
Update: For a quick and easy way to add customizable social media icons to your blog, I recommend using the Simple Social Icons plugin.
How to Add Social Media Icons to WordPress
1. In your WordPress dashboard go to Media > Add New.
2. Click on the Select Files button and upload your social media icons. Alternately, you can “drop” your social media icon images into the media uploader.
3. After your images are uploaded, click on the Edit button located on the right hand side of the image.
4. Copy the File URL
and paste it into the following code where it says “Your Icon URL Goes Here”
<a href="Social Media URL Goes Here" target="_blank"><img src="Your Icon URL Goes Here" /></a>
Be sure to keep the file URL between the quotation marks.
5. In the same code, you will paste the URL to your social media site where it says “Social Media URL Goes Here”. Again, be sure to place the URL between the quotation marks. Your completed code will look something like this:
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/BeautifulDawnDesigns" target="_blank"><img src="http://beautifuldawndesigns.net/images/icon-facebook.png" /></a>
6. Complete the above steps for each social media icon.
7. Take your completed code and copy and paste it into a text widget (Appearance > Widgets). Don’t forget to press Save on the widget.
Note: If you’re using an email/contact button, place mailto:YOUREMAILADDRESSHERE between the quotation makes where it says “URL Goes Here”
If you found this article on “How to Add Social Media Icons to WordPress” helpful, please share it below!