The other day I posted a holiday gift guide for bloggers. In this post, I mentioned that even though December is 2 months away, it’s best to get your holiday content published at least 6 weeks before the actual holiday.
You have to give your content time to circulate around the internet before the holidays roll around. I’ve noticed that for my blog, it takes around 2 months for my content to gain momentum, so I publish my holiday content two months early.
The reason I say all of this is because if you plan on posting holiday content on your blog, now is a good time to start. Especially if you’re planning on increasing your blog income this holiday season by creating holiday gift guides.
What Is a Holiday Gift Guide?
A holiday gift guide is a list you put together of your favorite and/or recommended products based on the theme of your gift guide. You then link to those items using your affiliate links.
For example, in my ultimate guide of 75+ Affordable Gift Ideas For Bloggers, you can see how I featured gifts I recommend for bloggers and then linked to those products with my affiliate links.
Gift guides are a great way to boost your blog income because (1) people like to shop (2) people like to shop even more during the holidays, and (3) people love when shopping is made easy with custom tailored gift guides (this is definitely true for me).
Holiday Gift Guide Ideas
If you want to increase your holiday income by creating gift guides, here are a few ideas to get you started (make sure you alter these titles with something more eye-catching):
- Holiday Gift Guide for Men
- Holiday Gift Guide for Women
- Holiday Gift Guide for Moms
- Holiday Gift Guide for New Moms
- Holiday Gift Guide for Dads
- Holiday Gift Guide for New Dads
- Holiday Gift Guide for Toddlers
- Holiday Gift Guide for Kids
- Holiday Gift Guide for Teenagers
- My Favorite Things Holiday Gift Guide
- Holiday Gift Guide for Food Bloggers
- Holiday Gift Guide for Christians
- Holiday Gift Guide for Creatives
- Holiday Gift Guide for Tech Lovers
- Holiday Gift Guide for Movie Lovers
Keep in mind that you don’t have to do these types of posts for Christmas only. You can do gift guides for other holidays like Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, and even birthdays (those are holidays too, right?).
I hope this post has given you some ideas for increasing your blog income this holiday season. What are some ways you like to increase your blog income during the holidays?
More Posts You May Like: