Whether you like to shop or not, it’s something we all have to do to some extent. So why not make some money at it? Today, I’m going to talk about my very favorite way to make money shopping: Rakuten.
It’s everything you want:
- Incredibly simple.
- Easy to use.
- Super fast.
- Seamless shopping experience.
Pretty cool, right? With Rakuten, you can get cash back on most of your online purchases and even some select in-store purchases.
It’s one of the absolute best cashback shopping sites out there. I’ve used it for few years now and continue to be impressed.
If you are ready to start making money shopping at your favorite online stores right now, you can sign up here using my link (for free) and get $10 as soon as you make your first qualifying purchase through Rakuten.
Want to hear more first? Read on to find out all the awesome details on Rakuten before signing up.
How to Make Money Shopping with Rakuten
- Make $150+ Extra Every Month Doing Things You Already Do
- Earn Money With These 6 Affiliate Programs for Bloggers
- How to Make Money with Affiliate Marketing (Earn $50,000 a Month)
Cash Back on Online Purchases
If you do the majority of your shopping online, Rakuten is a complete no-brainer for you. You can earn cash back on purchases from over 2,000 retailers. Some of the top cashback stores:
Amazon – Up to 10% cashback
Ebay – Up to 5% cashback
Macys – 6% cashback
Kohls – 6% cashback
Walmart – 1% cashback
Groupon – 9% cashback
Nordstrom – 2% cashback
Sephora – 4% cashback
and hundreds more…
So, if you were to spend $100 online at Sephora, your Rakuten account will be credited with $4 (4% of $100) once the transaction is processed. All you have to do is shop like normal and let the cash back roll in.
How to Start Making Money Shopping
1. Sign up with Rakuten for free here and get $10 with your first qualifying purchase.
2. Put in your email address and choose a password to join.
3. Start browsing retailers through the Rakuten site.
4. Click on the retailer you would like to shop with and Rakuten will direct you to that retailer’s site.
5. Once directed to the store, shop as you normally would.
6. After your purchase has been completed, check your Rakuten account to see how much cash back you earned. (It may take several business days for your cashback to be processed.)
7. Make sure you add your personal info to your Rakuten account – name, address, and how you want to be paid – by check or Paypal.
8. Get paid.
It’s just too good to pass up – sign up now and start making money shopping.
Other Ways to Earn CashBack with Rakuten
Even though Rakuten is mainly geared toward online shopping, they do offer cash back on some in-store purchases as well. You can earn cashback at stores like JCrew Factory, Petco, GNC, Old Navy, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and more.
Here’s how to earn cashback in-store through Rakuten:
1. Join Rakuten for free.
2. Download the Rakuten mobile app on your smartphone.
3. Browse the “In-Store” offers.
4. Click “Link” on the cashback offers you want to use (i.e. 2% cash back at World Market).
5. Put in your credit card information. (Rakuten is a secure site)
6. Use this credit card to make your purchase in store.
Voila! Your cashback will be in your Rakuten account once your purchase has been processed.
Never Miss a Chance for Cash Back
Once you start using Rakuten, you won’t ever want to miss a chance to earn cash back on your online purchases. A great way to make sure that you don’t miss any chances is to add the Rakuten extension to your internet browser.
The browser extensions are typically accessed by going to “Tools” or “Preferences” on your browser’s toolbar. Simply search for the Rakuten extension and activate it.
Once activated, the Rakuten extension will allow small pop-ups to appear that notify you of cashback offers on the site you are on.
So anytime that you are browsing an online retailer’s shop, Rakuten will let you know automatically if there is a cashback offer available. Just click “Activate” before making a purchase to get your cashback.
The browser extension finds coupons automatically.
While you are making money shopping, don’t forget to pick up any extra savings that you can on your purchases. Rakuten has access to over 10,000 coupons to save you money.
This is another great feature of the Rakuten browser extension. Once you are checking out, the Rakuten extension will notify you of any coupons that can be used on your purchase. It will look like this:
Simply click “Apply Coupons” and Rakuten will automatically apply the coupon that will save you the most money on your purchase. (Keep in mind this feature only works with retailers that are partnered with Rakuten.)
Convinced that Rakuten is totally awesome? Sign up here for free.
Stack Rewards with Rakuten Credit
Last but not least, Rakuten also offers a credit card that can get you even more cashback. With the Rakuten credit card, you earn an extra 3% cashback on all qualifying purchases.
This means that if Macy’s typically offers 6% cashback, you would get 9% cashback on qualifying Macys.com purchases when using your Rakuten credit card. You also get 1% cashback on all other purchases that are made anywhere Visa is accepted.
And get a $10 bonus on your first purchase. The Rakuten credit card is a great way to stack your cashback rewards making it an incredible, easy way to make money shopping.