Having a blog has allowed me to grow my business in ways I had never thought were possible. Having a blog has allowed me to work for myself full-time in the comfort of my own home. It has been amazing.
If you want to begin earning money with your blog, I’m going to share 5 ways you can begin making money with your blog.
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend.
1. Affiliate Marketing
As a blogger, you can earn money through affiliate marketing by joining affiliate programs, and promoting merchants products. Each time someone purchases a product through your special affiliate link, you will earn a commission (the commission is determined by the merchant).
I think affiliate marketing is a great way to make money with your blog because it allows you to earn money while promoting your favorite products Plus, the money you earn is considered passive income, meaning once you do the work upfront (such as writing a post), you can continue to earn money years down the line with very minimal effort.
To find affiliate programs to join, check out my post 6 Affiliate Programs for Bloggers.
To learn more about affiliate marketing I recommend reading my article about the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course by my friend Michelle Schroeder-Gardner. She earns $50,000 a month in affiliate income alone. After taking her online course, my affiliate income more than doubled! I can’t recommend her course highly enough.
Placing Ads on your blog is one of the quickest and easiest ways to begin earning money. When it comes to placing ads on your blog, the more traffic you have, more money you’ll make.
I’ve heard some bloggers say ads are pointless if you’re not getting at least 100,000 page views per month. I have to disagree.
If you plan on making money with your blog by using ads, I think the best time to start is now. Here are my reasons why:
- Your readers will be used to seeing ads on your blog. So you won’t be surprising them with ads once you reach a certain number of page views.
- If you have a blog post that goes viral, trust me when I say, you’ll be glad you had your ads already in place.
- Even if you’re not making much from your ads, something is better than nothing. The money you are making can be used to pay for your hosting, or a number of other blogging expenses.
If you’re interested in placing ads on your blog, here are a few ad networks to get you started:
- Easy to join and doesn’t require a minimum number of page views
- $100.00 minimum for payment
- Great for new bloggers
- Requires at least 30,000 monthly page views
- Net 75 payment – paid 75 days from the last day each month
- Paid via PayPal
- Requires at least 100,000 monthly page views
- Has a waitlist
- Pays monthly via direct deposit
- Minium of 30,000 monthly pageviews
- Pays monthly via PayPal
- $100.00 minimum for payment
- 4 program levels
- Payments made via ACH or PayPal
Tips for applying to ad networks
Before applying to any ad network, you want to make sure your blog is attractive and a valuable resource.
Here are my recommendations:
- Have at least 15 well-written blog posts published, with at least 500 words per post.
- Install a premium WordPress theme.
3. Sponsored Posts
A sponsored blog post is a post that you’re paid to publish on your blog (you can write them, or the company can write theme).You can choose to publish your sponsored posts in exchange for money, or a free product or service. Whatever the exchange, make sure it is worth the time and effort spent.
If you’re interested in monetizing your blog by publishing sponsored posts, here are a few places you can look:
4. Direct Advertising on Your Blog
With this method you’ll be selling ad space directly from your blog (usually to other bloggers) by charging an upfront fee based on how long the ad will be placed on your blog.
At one point, this was a popular way to earn money with your blog. I’m not seeing this method being used as much as I once did, but I still think that selling advertising on your blog can be a good way to earn some extra cash.
5. Sell Your Own Product or Service
I believe that this is the best way to earn money with your blog. You can be dropped by an ad or affiliate network, but no one can ever take away your product or service. Plus, selling your own product always you make money by doing what you love, and helping others at the same time.
Here are some ideas for products and services you can offer on your blog:
- Coaching Services
- Freelance Writing
- Online Courses
- Virtual Assisting
- Web or Graphic Design Services
Another Post You May Like: