Watercolor rainbows are simple to paint and look so cute. If you’re looking for watercolor rainbow painting ideas, you’re going to love the paintings I’m sharing below.
These watercolor paintings make great wall art for your home, greeting cards for loved ones, and even prints that you can sell.
More Posts You May Like:
- 24 Watercolor Animal Painting Ideas
- 15 Watercolor Flower Painting Ideas That Will Inspire You
- 30 Watercolor Flower Painting Ideas for Beginners
GATHER YOUR WATERCOLOR SUPPLIES
- Watercolor Success in 4 Steps: This book features 150 easy watercolor painting projects including flowers, fruits and veggies, animals, and more.
- How to Draw Flowers: Learn how to easily draw flowers with these printable worksheets.
- Watercolor Project Book: This project book contains 50 watercolor projects with a forest theme.
Choosing Your Tools
As a watercolor artist, having the right tools can make a big difference in your work.
Using quality tools and materials is a great way to ensure that your finished work has the best possible results.
You don’t have to spend a ton of money either. You can purchase quality paper, brushes, and paints at a reasonable price.
Pay Attention to Your Brushes
When you start with watercolor, you may feel that you need a large assortment of brushes. This isn’t true.
Certain types of brushes will give you different results. To start, you’ll want to have the following brushes: a spotter brush, round brush, flat brush, mop brush, liner brush, and a fan brush.
If you own these seven types of brushes, you’ll be off to a good start.
Start Light Then Go Dark
When you watercolor, you’ll want to start with light colors and work your way towards the darker shades.
It would be best if you did this because once you apply the dark colors, it’s more difficult to undo any errors.
Mixing Your Paint
When mixing paint, it’s good to mix more paint than you think you’ll need. That’s because if you run out of the color, it won’t be easy to get the exact shade that you were using previously.
Make Sure You Have Paper Towels
As you are working on your paintings, you’ll find that it’s beneficial to have paper towels on hand.
You can use them to clean and dab your brush. You can also use paper towels to dab your paper while you work.
I hope you’ve found some great watercolor rainbow paintings to inspire your next piece of art.