These flower paintings are perfect for inspiring your inner artist. If you love acrylic paint, watercolor paint, gouache paint, and more, you’ll love these painting ideas. Also, if you want to get better at painting flowers, make sure you check out these step-by-step flower drawing tutorials.
How to Draw a Flower
1. Start with a basic flower shape. You can use a reference photo or sketch to help you get the proportions right. Use a light color for the first layer so you can easily make corrections.
2. Once you’re happy with the basic shape, start adding in layers of color. Work from light to dark, or mix colors together to create new shades.
3. To add depth and dimension to your painting, try using different brushstrokes. For example, you can use long strokes for the petals and short strokes for the center of the flower.
I hope these three easy tips will help you get started on your painting. Now, let’s get to the 14 painting ideas to inspire you.
GATHER YOUR WATERCOLOR SUPPLIES
- Watercolor Success in 4 Steps: This book features 150 easy watercolor painting projects including flowers, fruits and veggies, animals, and more.
- How to Draw Flowers: Learn how to easily draw flowers with these printable worksheets.
- Watercolor Project Book: This project book contains 50 watercolor projects with a forest theme.
1. Daisies on Black Background
The colors really pop in this painting of daisies on a black background. The artist has done a great job with the color palette for this piece.
2. Watercolor Flowers in Vase
If you enjoy watercolor painting, you’ll be inspired by this beautiful painting of flowers in a round vase. Get creative by painting all of your favorite flowers.
3. Vibrant Flowers
This artist has used watercolor paint to create vibrant and beautiful flowers. This painting is perfect for helping you perfect your watercolor shading techniques.
4. Flower Using Muted Colors
I love how these flowers have been painted with muted colors. The muted tones create a calming effect and are great for botanical paintings.
5. Flowers and Macarons
Here’s a painting that’s both delicious and beautiful! This painting can be purchased from the artist and would be perfect for a kitchen or dining room.
6. Daisy Flowers in a Vase
I just love the soft glow of this painting of daisy flowers in a vase. This painting is so beautiful and peaceful to look at.
7. Daisy Flowers on Canvas
This is another beautiful painting of daisy flowers. This time, the daisies are painted on canvas. After learning how to paint daisies, you’re going to love showing off your work to your friends and loved ones.
8. Purple Flower Oil Painting
These purple flowers are created using oil paints. Unlike acrylic paint which is water-based. Oil paint is made from drying oils with a medium of animal fat or synthetic polymer.
9. Beautiful Sunflower Painting
If you’re a lover of sunflowers, I think you’ll love this beautiful sunflower painting. This flower painting was done using watercolor paints.
10. Daisies on the Beach
If you’re looking for a landscape-style painting, this piece of art that features a field of daisies on the beach is the perfect reference and inspiration for your next painting.
11. Yellow Tulips
Tulips are one of my favorite flowers. They are a beautiful flower that does a great job of brightening up a room. This painting is an 8×10 piece that is available for sale by the artist.
12. Field of Poppies
Poppies are a popular flower to paint amongst artists. Here’s what the artist says about this painting “Poppies are a universal symbol of hope that all life goes on since they flourish and germinate even in disturbed soil.”
13. Pink and Orange Roses
These pink and orange roses have been painted so beautifully. A painting such as this can be done with your favorite painting medium, whether it’s acrylic, watercolor, oil, gouache, or ink.
14. Orange Flowers on Blue
The artist has titled this piece “Orange Flowers on Blue.” This is a still-life flower painting that serves as a great inspiration for painters. I love how bold the colors for this painting are.
If you’re looking for a fun and creative way to spend an afternoon, why not try painting flowers? These painting references are perfect for beginners and advanced artists. Plus, they’ll help you tap into your inner artist.